10 Reasons Why I Hate Being Skinny
April 14, 2008 § 170 Comments
I know that 25% of Americans are obese or whatever. But I am in that .82749% of Americans that are skinny. NATURALLY. Now everyone’s all like, “ohmygoshyouaresoskinnyimsojealous!” but, uh i’m not really happy with that. On the scale at my house, I am 98 lbs (*gasps!!*) and on the scale at my doctor’s office I am 101 lb (*gaspss again!*). I know. Be jealous. Not.
Here we go!
1) Hearing “ohmygoshyouaresoskinnyimsojealous!” over and over again. I’m seriously sick of it. Wanna be skinny? Ever heard of getting off your couch potato but and going outside for a run? Okay, maybe you exercise. Well. Commit to it.
2) Hearing my name connected with the words “anorexic” and “diet” and “not eating”.Shut up people! I eat as much as you do. Maybe even more (I’m talking to all you dieters that eat one carrot stick a day or something. It won’t work)! Don’t JUDGE me because you don’t watch me on a surveillance camera 24/7 and monitor what foods go into my mouth.
Same goes with “you should eat more.”
3) Being reluctant to exercise because you might lose the weight you gained the week before.I just recently found out that I love jogging. The steady thump-thump of your feet as you move across the pavement, grass, or whatever. It’s like flying if you close your eyes (though not recommended because light poles and street signs DO exist). But although it makes my legs stronger, it makes my waist drop a size. Ahhh horrible.
4) Picking up trashy celeb magazines and all you see is “Lose 20 pounds!” & “______. Too skinny? Too fat?” Seriously. I like to indulge upon the lives of the rich and famous just like the other person, but spare me the weight examinations. It makes me feel bad, and it makes the slightly overweight but still damn gorgeous girl next to me self-conscious too.
5) Finding bottoms that fit nicely.People wouldn’t think that this would be a problem but it is. Pants/Jeans that are snug at the waist, flattering on the body, and long past my feet are SO DAMN HARD TO FIND. And plus, i’m skinny but I’m 5’5″ so size 0s are usually too short. >=O
6) How you look like a stick in everything that shows your shoulders and above or knees and below. No explanation needed. It’s a pain.
7) Being light.Push me and I fall. Punch me and I bruise. Blow at me and I fly <– Jk.
8 ) Maybe this is just for me but..Hard to float on water. Is it just because I have minimal body fat?
9) Being cold easily. It’s 65 degrees and I’m still in a sweater and shivering. How the girl across the street comfortable in a small tank top and shorts, I do not know.
10) Lack of boobage. Laugh all you want. But then again, if I did have a nice rack, it’d look odd on my skinny body wouldn’t it. Like bowling balls balanced on a board =P
This may seem like a rant. A list of complaints. In many ways it is. But really, I am very happy with my body and I really think a lot of girls should be too. Everyone is gorgeous in their own way; fat or not fat, boobs or no boobs, tall or short. If there’s is some aspect that you don’t like about you body, aim to change it. If you really put your mind into it, everything will work out fine. But in the end, maybe your body is just like that. So really.
I’m in a PMSing mood gosh dang it ):